Welcome to Surfbreak Cabarete Bed&Breakfast
Reviews of Surfbreak Cabarete
"Little Tropical Paradise"
"Amazing Surfbreak Cabarete"
"Oasis away from the tourist hustle"
"Surfer or not, Surfbreak is perfect"
"Love that place"
Drone video of Sharlene (Assistant Manager at Surfbreak) and her friend Romy surfing the morning waves at Encuentro.
Filmed by Vivida
This aerial video was taken from the spot you get to when walking down to the beach from Surfbreak Cabarete. A 3-minute-walk and you are exactly where this video was shot from.
Filmed by Pedro Braulio who also constructs the drones - an amazing talent
Check for availability and price:
Why choose Surfbreak Cabarete
- Only 3 minutes walk to some of the most beautiful, unspoiled, non-touristy, natural beach and coastline of the Caribbean
- Encuentro, the #1 beach for surfing in the Caribbean, is just around the corner
- It is a peaceful place, away from the hussle and bustle of the Center of Cabarete (but still close enough to enjoy what the center has to offer)
- Magical gardens filled with tropical nature (coconut trees, banana trees, mango and avocado trees...)
- 2 refreshing outdoor swimming pools
- Simple yet elegantly decorated rooms in a very rustic style. Most items are hand-crafted by local artists and craftsmen
- An amazing yoga studio including yoga mats and yoga hammocks (aerial yoga) that you can use free of charge and you get an excellent discount on yoga classes
- A short distance from the world-famous Cabarete Kitebeach for kitesurfing, and Encuentro is also great for advanced kitesurfers that want to ride waves
- An incredible array of other sport adventures await you (horseback riding, canyoning, mountain biking, Stand Up Paddle-boarding, and many more…)
- Usage of a professional restaurant-grade kitchen or the possibility of your own kitchen in some rooms
- Reliable high speed Internet (free of charge)
- The friendliest guests - you are guaranteed to make great friends here
- Self-serve breakfast with freshly baked bread buns, fresh fruits, cereals, eggs and our famous freshly brewed coffee
- Daily room cleaning including fresh towels
- All at a very nice price
A few Highlights in Picture Format…
Click on the images to enlarge them.
Virtual Visit of Surfbreak (~50 panoramas)
|Enter the tour at Surfbreak 1 Pool||Enter the tour at Surfbreak 2 Pool||Enter the tour at the Yoga Studio
Your Escape Begins…
Surfbreak Cabarete, a nature and adventure-inspired vacation property, is tucked into the tropical beauty of the Encuentro Beach surfing area, just 5 minutes from Cabarete and 20 minutes from Puerto Plata International Airport. Relax in the amazing tropical gardens surrounding the pools... do yoga in the fantastic yoga studio, cook your own meal in our well-equipped communal kitchen, or take a short walk to the unspoiled Encuentro Beach for a surfing session or just for a walk.
Unwind… Breathe in Nature
Accommodations on the two properties are rustically and artistically designed and each rental unit offers a bathroom with shower, a fridge, a fan and maid service. Additional room options include Air Conditioning (in some rooms).
Good for Your Soul…
The benefits of yoga on surfing are numerous and surfing is known to be great for the soul! Not every Yogi is a surfer, or vice versa, but what both share is a respect for the beauty and simplicity of nature… which you will find in abundance here. Surfbreak Cabarete hosts singles, couples and groups who want to enjoy this, each other and the array of activities Cabarete and the surrounding area has to offer.
- Surfbreak Cabarete is located in Cabarete which is only 20 minutes from Puerto Plata's International airport (POP), on the north coast of the Dominican Republic
- More specifically, we are located just West of Cabarete on the hill of Vista del Caribe (between the main road of the North Coast and Encuentro Surf Beach)
- Surfbreak Cabarete is actually divided into two very similar properies located just across of each other. For convienience, we call it Surfbreak Cabarete 1 and Surfbreak Cabarete 2.
- 4 min. walk to the beach where you can surf and kitesurf
- 5 min. to Cabarete with a vehicle/public transportation
- 10 min. to Sosua with vehicle/public transportation
- See our customized Google Map
Surfbreak Cabarete 1 & 2 are marked with this symbol:
Click for description and all rates
|Max # of people||Types of Beds||Square meters / feet|
|Budget Single Room||1||1 Single||13/140|
|Budget Double Room||2||1 Double||15/160|
|Garden Double Room||2||1 Double||15/160|
|Twin Room||2||2 Single||17/180|
|Deluxe Room||3||1 Queen & 1 Single||20/220|
|Superior Room||3||1 Queen & 1 Single||30/320|
|Large Superior Room||4||1 Double & 2 Single||40/430|
|Penthouse||4||1 Queen & 1 Double||30/320|
|Grand Cottage||4||1 Queen & 2 Single||55/590|
Selected right now: For 2 people from Fri Feb 24th, 2017 to Mon Feb 27th, 2017 (3 nights).
Below you will see what is available for the above settings. Please change these settings if needed:
Budget Twin Room
- Up to 2 persons
- 17 sq.mts/180 sq.ft
- 2 twin beds (1 person each)
- 1 comfortable sized room
- Private bathroom
- Window facing the street
- Unit: A Budget Twin Room
- Number of guests: 2
- Arrival date: Fri Feb 24th, 2017
- Departure date: Mon Feb 27th, 2017
- Duration: 3 nights
- Breakfast: Included every day for each guest
- Average nightly rate: US$ 52.00
- Average nighly rate per person: US$ 26.00
- Final Price: US$ 156
Change details in the reservation
360° Virtual Tour of a Budget Twin Room
Surfboard Rental Include: Surfboard, Leach, Wax, Water Shoes & Surf Shirt
All the boards are in great condition and you can switch boards during your session.
- 1 Hour - $10
- 3 Hours - $15
- 24 Hours - $25
- 3 Days - $60
- 5 Days - $100
- 7 Days - $125
- 15 Days - $220
Included in lessons: Surf Instructor, Surfboard, Leash, Wax, Water, Shoes, Sun Protection & Surf Shirt.
We offer "private", "semi-private (2 people)" and "group" (3+ people) lessons.
Get yourself standing up quicker with extra attention from a dedicated surf instructor. Whether you're a beginner who wants to try surfing for the first time or a experienced surfer who wants to advance to the next level a private surf lesson is for you!
Semi Private lessons consist of 2 people per lesson and is a great way to learn how to surf with your friends or family. Our instructors are there to help you learn and provide advice on all questions related to surfing.
Sing up with your family & friends (3+ people) to get a lower price and increase the fun. Keeping you active is a good way to stay in shape, but it’s also the best way to learn somethig new!!
|Prices in USD per person||Details||Private
|One 1.5h lesson||Only recommended if you have already taken several days lessons here or elsewhere. Take this for a "refresher" or if you want to learn the "next step".||50||45||40|
|Beginner 3-day course (1.5h lesson each day)||Learn about the theory, meet your equipment, essential ocean safety, basic beach and wave rules, paddle, positioning, stand up, balance, control & much more.||140||120
(Suggested for beginners)
|Beginner 5-day course (1.5h lesson each day)||Learn everything about your equipment, basic beach and wave rules, basic surfing rules, ocean safety, how to paddle, surfing position, stand up, riding small waves & much more!!! Start with the basic dry-lessons on the beach along with paddle techniques. Understand the ocean & tide conditions to catch the best waves.||225||190||175|
|Intermediate 5-day course (1.5h lesson each day)||Learn how to catch your own wave by selecting it by yourself. Paddle out, turn turtle & duck dive, reading & wave selection, retining take off, generating speed, turn technique & much more..||225||190||175|
Playa Grande & Playa Preciosa & Playa El Barco & Laguna Dudu
Surf trip with 3 surf spots & Dudu Lagoon: 1.5 hours east of Cabarete.
Start time: 7:30.am
Duration: 8 hour
- Playa Grande: Is perfect to practice if you are a beginner or intermediate surfer.
- La Preciosa: Surf spot right next to Playa Grande's spot which has one of the best waves of the Dominican Republic for you to practice your advanced surfing skills.
- El Barco: Surf spot next to La Preciosa in Rio san juan, this spot has strong waves perfect for intermediate and advanced surfers.
The yoga studio was especially built for yoga. High up on the 3rd floor of Casa Mistica, surrounded by extra large windows that open to let the sea-breeze through, overlooking the beautiful, wild nature of the surrounding area.
We have regular classes including aerial yoga at a very attractive rate for our Surfbreak guests. Or you can practice by yourself in the yoga studio free of charge.
Click on the images to enlarge them.
- Fresh fruits
- Freshly baked bread buns
- Cereals (corn flakes either with sugar or without)
- Eggs (either hard bioled ready to eat or make your own in our communal kitchen)
- Freshly brewed coffee
- We encourage you to add your own items (example: get ham, cheese and/or some veggies for an omelette)
Throughout the day and evening you can use our communal kitchen to prepare your own meals.
We organize occasional themed evening dinners when we have a minimum number of participants. These are always amazingly delicious.
Note that there are food trucks that pass by Surfbreak and we encourage you to get delicious and very inexpensive fruit and vegetable from them.
If you want to cook fish we can call a local fisherman to bring freshly caught fish...
Click on the images to enlarge them.
For more info about Cabarete please go to ActiveCabarete.com. Everything you may want to know about Cabarete and more is right there.
Please send us an email to email@example.com for reservations or if you have any questions.